Saturday 26 February 2011

15mins - DONE!

Yesterday I ran for every one of the 15minutes I should have done. And I loved it.

I've just looked ahead on the schedule, and this time next week I'll be running solidly for 25minutes. At the moment it feels like a bit of a stretch, but I'll do my best.

This week I'm actually feeling like I'm exercising. My thigh muscles are aching, and my stomach is tighter - who knows, I may actually be toning up.

AND

When I decided that I was going to get fitter, when I started working from home in November, I started walking everywhere again, like I'd always done before. Living in Leeds it's pretty easy, although a little time consuming, to get about without a car. I live a flat 4miles away from the City Square in the town centre, and I've found I can walk it in about an hour and 10 minutes (in trainers, bit longer in boots!). Yesterday, after my run, I walked in for a meeting, and then walked back home again too. I slept well last night.

I've just found geodistance.com, which is how I've just measured my route into town. I've figured out how to get the distance for tomorrow's route from, and am surprised to find that when I was training for the 2007 10k my route was almost 500m longer than it needed to be. However, it's pretty cool that I was doing it in about an hour and 5minutes. My time on the day, in sunshine and wind, on a really hilly and previously unknown but measured route, and amongst a whole field of other people I didn't normally have to deal with was 1hr, 3mins and 48secs. I think I'm pleased with that now, feels like I was doing better than I gave myself credit for. I can't wait to get up to that distance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment