Saturday 5 March 2011

Rest Day

It's Saturday, and I am NOT running today.

I'm shattered after a full day shoot for a wedding yesterday, and it's drizzling outside, so I'm very glad it's a rest day.

Before I went out yesterday morning, I went out for my scheduled training run, and nailed 25minutes of continuous running. At the time I was extremely pleased with myself but by the end of last night, when I'd been on my feet and carrying all my camera kit for so long, my calves were killing me and my feet were complaining. So today I'm doing not very much in terms of exercise at all (apart from occasional pottering about the house doing domestic things).

I'll be pretty much stuck behind the editing desk for a few days working on the shots, so my runs next week will be boredom breakers and motivators, and I'm actually quite excited that by this time next week I'll be running the whole 5k route, and halfway to my target distance.

Five weeks into the routine, I'm genuinely enjoying it. No weight off as yet, in fact, I seem to have put it on instead. However, my past experience has been that until I get up to about the 4 mile mark I won't shift a pound, but that it'll come off quite quickly when I get there. Only another couple of weeks then!


No comments:

Post a Comment